Followers

Monday, March 4, 2013

Death, It's inevitable...

Death... sometimes it comes inevitably too soon... sometimes it doesn't come soon enough. I am learning it is very hard to watch a loved one suffer! I am starting to understand what Dr. Kevorkian might have been thinking. We are humane to animals by not letting them suffer and euthanize them. Why can't we do this with humans? There is no right answer to that I am sure, and I am not trying to start a debate. Just realizing a few things out loud on paper or computer as it is. Even with all this, there are folks out there who suffer so much more and who have to watch others suffer so much more, so I will try not to complain. I just hope my dad doesn't suffer too much more, and that he gets his just rewards to wherever he goes next.

Also, it got me to thinking... I really should have an advanced directive in place. Not sure if a blog counts as an advance directive, but I will put it out there right now. If I am ever in a state (and I don't mean Hawaii or somewhere nice) where I have no quality of life, please don't force feed me... and please don't feel bad when I die... I want a big party when I die... filled with laughing and clowns and kids!! Because I will be on to my next big adventure, bigger and better than here I imagine :0).
And if this counts, I designate my friend Karen Evans to be my power to be to make all decisions regarding my health and finances!  Hopefully some legal beagle won't block this request of mine!


 
 
"Like a bridge over troubled waters. I will lay me down"
 
Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today





 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chip, if you go first, you can count on me to see that we have a big party in your honor filled with laughing and clowns and kids!! Heck, why should we wait until you die? Let's have a big party in your honor filled with laughing and clowns and kids this summer and every summer! It can be called CHIPFEST and you can use your life experiences to train us to live more compassionate and fun-filled lives. It would be a nice FUNdraiser for Maria's Children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Danny.... thanks for having my back! :0)... Chipfest sounds like fun for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! By the way, I do have my advanced directives done already. I think as nurses we see the suffering that sometimes happens when people try to hang on to their loved ones. I like how the Native Americans did it - go out into the woods, and sit there til they die. They knew when it was time. Not only do I not want to be force fed, I don't want want someone feeding me. If I can't feed myself it means it's time to go! Sorry, I think I'm rambling. I just get going on certain subjects. Working in a nursing home now gives me the opportunity to see this even more.
    So, let me know when this summer's Chipfest will be. I'll try to make it!

    ReplyDelete