Followers

Saturday, March 23, 2013

My philosophy

A lot of people ask me how I can be so happy and positive all the time. Well, I am not happy and positive ALL the time, but I try to be most of the time. My philosophy is, especially at work, if I am not lying on a stretcher then I am on the right side of the coin. It really is a simple philosophy and it does make it a lot easier to be happy and positive.

Just this past week I had a child who had a tracheotomy, G-tube, and was deaf. His parents give him 24 hour care. If I am not that child or those parents, then my life is in pretty good shape I feel. This is not to undermine the problems I have or that you might have. It is just a way to look at things to help me or you handle your problems or adversities. If given a choice before the day starts that I get to have my problems or the problems of the families who loved ones are on stretchers, I would choose my problems every time.


Problems can be like trees... there are many branches to it... but if you let the light and color shine thru the branches, then it can be beautiful.


                      Now Go Out and Hug a Tree Today

3 comments:

  1. I always say "You think YOU have problems? Be glad you're not a Math book!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha.... I have never heard that! Can I use it for a blog post in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When people start complaining about their problems I usually tell them to be thankful for what they have - it can always be worse!
    By the way, one of the best compliments I've gotten is from ex-coworkers who have said that they admire the fact that no matter what's going on in my life, I'm always smiling.
    Tell your loved ones all the time that you love them. You never know if you'll get that opportunity tomorrow! Chip I love you! Danny, though I haven't met you yet, I love you!

    ReplyDelete