Followers

Friday, March 8, 2013

It's not the years in your life... A Tribute

My dear friend Eleanor Hoppe died recently. There will be a memorial today for her, and I felt like leaving a tribute to her. We all know Lincoln's famous quote about "It's not the years in your life"... Eleanor added her own twist with this...

                                  It's not the years in your life
                                  But the Life in your years
                                  Accentuate the laughter
                                  Eliminate the tears

I love the final two lines. Now Eleanor had a lot of years in her life, but she also had a lot of LIFE in those years. I only knew her for the past few years, but that was enough to feel her joyful spirit. She was a wonderful funny poet and below is one of my favorites of hers.

                                   
                                                      Life's Kaleidoscope

                                               I have had my "down times"
                                               I'm sure there will be more
                                               But mostly I've had "up times"
                                               Although, who's keeping score"

                                               I'd rather list the good times
                                               Not just take them for granted
                                               Life can seem good or bad --
                                               Depends on how it's slanted

                                               We've all shouldered burdens
                                               Some more, some less, I'm guessing
                                               But do we take time out
                                               To recognize a blessing?

                                                    Eleanor was a blessing indeed

 
"Eleanor's kaleidoscope"
 
                             Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today

No comments:

Post a Comment