Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Be the root

A friend of mine sent the following to me earlier in the week...

There's a saying from Tyler Perry in one of his plays that says "Find 2 or 3 people in your life that's like the roots at the bottom of that tree you are blessed. Those are the kind of people that aren't going nowhere. They aren't worried about being seen, nobody has to know that they know you, they don't have to know what they're doing for you but if those roots weren't there, that tree couldn't live. A tree could have a hundred million branches but it only takes a few roots down at the bottom to make sure that tree gets everything it needs. When you get some roots, hold on to them but the rest of it". 
Not sure who Tyler Perry is, but it is an interesting statement. My friend who sent this to me considers me one of her roots. I am honored by that thought! I must be a Banyan tree, because I have hundreds of roots! I love each and every one of them too! Thanks to all my roots out there, I appreciate the life sustaining needs you provide to me!

   
                             Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today

2 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of when I read this was that you are your dad's roots! What a tremendous gift you are to him. I hope he appreciates you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, you are so sweet! He does appreciate me and he shows it and thanks me often. He really is a good dad!

    ReplyDelete