Followers

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

People ARE Good

As much bad that happens in the world, people are still good overall...  Sunday I was out with my dad at the mall and we came out to a flat tire. No big deal I thought... I would just change the tire and get it fixed. Not so fast my friend.... I couldn't get my tire off because it was rusted in place. I kicked and grunted and hit it with a metal rod, but it would not budge.

Just as I was starting to get grumpy and a little worried about what to do... A very nice man walks by and ask if I need help. I told him I could not get the tire off. He said "No problem my friend, I have an air compressor. We can blow up the tire and you can drive it to the tire shop two blocks away". And that is what he did. I offered him money, but he just smiled brightly and wished me luck.

So, I was on my way to the tire shop. Only problem was, it was Sunday and most auto shops are closed on Sunday in Utah. This one was no exception. So, I plugged in automotive services into my GPS. Gotta love technology. I drove to the nearest tire shop and of course it was closed! However, good fortune was on my side again as the door was open. So I poked my head in and asked if they were really closed. A very nice young lady said "yes we are, but what is the problem?" So I told her. a few minutes later her boyfriend came out and said he could fix my flat no problem. It would only cost 12 dollars. The best 12 dollars I ever spent. This young man and woman saved me a lot of time and aggravation! I could not have been more thankful.

So, when you start to get grumpy just look for alternatives to your problems and keep your eyes open for those helpful people. They are there if you look for them!!

                Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today

2 comments:

  1. Good thing it was only flat on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... good thing it was only a screw and not a slash! I hope you find your car!

    ReplyDelete