Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Left Foot

I just watched an interesting movie today called My Left Foot. Why I had not seen it or heard of it sooner is beyond me. It was made in 1989 and is about an artist who was born with Cerebral Palsy. His name was Christy Brown. Even though some of the story was glamorized, it does a good job of depicting the struggles a lot of folks go thru with their disabilities. Daniel Day Lewis does an amazing job, in my opinion, of showing how folks with CP struggle. I know a few people with this infliction and almost all of them have the same kind of muscle twitches, speech struggles, etc. that Daniel exhibits. I believe he won an oscar for the movie, and for good reason.

Anyway, this post is not about the actor or even the artist it is about. It is about everyone else out there who struggles with society's perception of them. Many people like Christy Brown have been shunned or shutout because folks didn't think they amounted to much. So, I challenge you to look at people a little differently from now on. See what is behind the "masks" or twitches or whatever. And if you are looking for a good, thought provoking movie into this subject I highly recommend "My Left Foot" to educate yourself. Pay attention to some of the minute details as you watch. Or even read the book, which is what I plan to do soon.



                 No particular reason for this photo really. Just a rainy Monday photo to share.

                      Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today

No comments:

Post a Comment