Followers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Enjoy today for the kids who can't

I am constantly reminded of how good my life is... this week I had 3 patients who made me realize things can change so quickly and I should appreciate and enjoy my days as much as I can. So, I am going to Enjoy Today for The Kids Who Cant!  I ask you to do the same.

As hard as it is to hear some of the stories of the kids I take care of, it still brings joy to my heart to try and help. Not so easy to explain in just a few paragraphs, but trust me... kids teach and show you the way if you allow them!

My first child this week was a 4 month old baby who had to have a shunt put in her head to drain fluid from her brain. Why would she need that you ask? Because some adult shook her so hard it caused brain damage! This child will struggle the rest of her life, and to no fault of her own!

My second child was a happy and healthy 12 year old two weeks ago. Her mom noticed a little lump on her forehead and took her to the doctor. Thank God the doctor did a thorough job, because he discovered it was a neuroblastoma. She has had surgery to remove it and will start chemo today. Her prognosis is fair to good. She is perhaps the sweetest 12 year old I have EVER met, and that is saying something.

My third child this week got a strep infection. I don't know the whole story... did the parents not think it was bad enough to get looked at? Did they take her to the doctor and the doctor missed the significance? I don't know and it really doesn't matter at this point. What matters is this child had to have all ten toes amputated and certainly her life is forever changed!

So, if you think your troubles are bad... as I do from time to time.... know they could probably be a lot worse! So I beckon you to go out and ENJOY everyday that you have to enjoy... because there are kids out there who would love to have your health and opportunities!


                      What do you see when you see the photo above? I see Peace and Love!
                                                                Do you see it now?

                I believe ALL children live with Peace and Love in their hearts! Will YOU??!!

                     Now Go Out and Hug a Child Today

No comments:

Post a Comment