Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Make-A-Wish

A friend of mine organized a fund raiser for a bud of hers in Make A Wish. He looks like a great young man full of spirit and fun and Cystic Fibrosis. He already has a sister who has succumbed to this disease and surely his life will be shortened as well. But from the video below it seems to me his life, though it will be shorter than most, has been fuller than most and there is time for it to be fuller. His wish is to go the Thor premier in November. I believe it is in NYC. I am sure he will get there thru the generosity of wonderful, kind people who know how important Make A Wish is.

We all have our own causes. I certainly have mine with Maria's Children and a few others. But if you are looking for a cause to support or just have some extra money around, I do HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Make A Wish Foundation as they do wonderful work for kids who should be allowed to have their moments in the sun! The video below is an interview with Alex's parents and Alex himself with some clips of his sister and her Make A Wish dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fy3q_CM99MY

I hope to meet Alex someday and watch him do improv. When I do, I will do a follow up blog on him for sure. So stay tuned.



                      Now Go Out and Hug a Child Today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment