Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Davey Jones Thursday

My friend Lori Epler is one of the sweetest, funniest, most charming women I have ever met. I met her in Russia in 2000. We became instant friends and have been great friends ever since. The first time she made me laugh was when she declared Thursdays as Davey Jones Thursday. She is perhaps the biggest fan of the late, great Davey Jones. She met him on a Thursday and her life was never the same. She said her heart melted when he walked up to her and asked "And what's your name love?" in his sweetest British accent. I can only imagine how she swooned at that moment. It makes me laugh to think about it.

Lori works full time as an occupational therapist helping others to regain what they may have lost. In her spare time she plays, and laughs and does a little clowning around. She and her husband Jerry will turn a dull evening into a barrel of laughs without even trying. One of the things that make them both so funny is that they don't even know when they are being funny sometimes. May we all have friends in our lives that can make you laugh like Lori makes me laugh.


 
 No, that is not Lori. For some strange reason I don't have any photos of Lori on my computer? I am such a bad friend sometimes! But Lori was dying to see a moose when they visited me one summer in NH. I saw this one a few weeks after they left, she never saw a moose in NH. She did finally see one in Alaska though... without me to witness her joy though.


                                                           Ok, this is Lori and Jerry


                  Now Go Out and Hug a Friend Today

2 comments:

  1. What a fun story. I sure remember Davey Jones, but must admit I'd forgotten he died. Great moose pic! Reminds me of when you, Kelly, & I drove out to the moose sighting area in NH & waited, waited, & waited....but alas, no moose for us to see that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen... yeah, I remember that evening too! Funny, that is exactly where I saw this moose too! Hope we all get to play in NH again someday!

    ReplyDelete