Followers

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Emily Cavanagh

This post may be a bit long, as there is so much to say about Emily. I met Emily when she was a bright eyed, bouncy 18 year old. She was a counselor at Camp Eagle Lake. Watching Emily interact and play with the campers, I knew quickly she was special. After getting to know her over the past 10 plus years, I am realizing how special she truly is!

One night she serenaded the campers with a stirring rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". The goose bumps from that performance have never left me. Her talent has grown exponentially since then.

Emily is a singer/songwriter and her 3rd cd, AND BEST, is available today on iTunes and Amazon. I could critique the whole album, as I LOVE every single song. But some songs do stand out more than others to me. Dark was the Night is a tribute song to a friend of hers who survived the Rwanda genocide. If you can listen to that song without feeling emotional, then you need to see a doctor. Flower and Stone is another emotional tribute song, that I can't get enough of. In a Little While is a seductive romantic love song. At least that is how I see it. So It Goes is an upbeat piano song, with fun nostalgic lyrics. And speaking of nostalgic, check out Carnival and references to Coney Island. Or listen to Treehouse for a childhood nostalgia with a 1940s feel and sound to it. Emily's music expands time from the 40s to now and it expands genres from jazzy to bluesy to current Indie Rock roots. You will certainly enjoy the album, I GAURANTEE it!!!

                         
                              I guess she is still bright eyed and bouncy, and just as much fun!!

If this is not enough to convince you to buy Emily's music, know that she is as caring, heart warming person that you will ever meet. She has worked with homeless people in NYC to help them find their "voice"... literally! She helped them to write songs about their lives. Now she is working with an even rougher crowd in the Bronx, helping them by allowing them to use music as a creative outlet! She is as special as they come, so please support her music dreams! You won't regret it, I PROMISE!

           Now Go Out and Hug a Musical Friend Today

No comments:

Post a Comment