Followers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

February Friendship 3

This weeks friend is a childhood friend. My best friend from high school. His name is Kevin Hull. He is as good and true as a man/friend can get. He has been a preacher at the same church for the past 20 plus years. He raised two fine sons, with the help of his darling wife Denise of course. Both sons are in college and doing well. They still take vacations as a family, which I find inspiring.. especially since his sons are in college. And last year they all traveled to Haiti for their "vacation" to help rebuild there from the earthquake. Yes, they still need to build more there. Kevin and Denise told me of the horrendous conditions people still live in there, and it just makes me more grateful for what I HAVE! Running water, fresh veggies and fruit, to name a few things :0). So, thanks for the friendship Kevin and for the inspiration!

Kevin is also quite the photographer. He always gets mad at me when I send him photos of bald eagles because he had not been able to photograph one. He finally did get a photo of a bald eagle once, and in Ohio of all places!! I couldn't believe it when he told me and I thought it was going to be a joke, but he really did see and photograph a bald eagle in Alexandria, Ohio near Columbus. Go figure. Of course his photos can't compare to my bald eagle photos.... like this one below, which was taken in Alaska :0).



"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him."  Luke 2:40

The above verse describes Kevin in my opinion.

And have a Happy Birthday weekend Kevin!

                Now Go Out and Hug A Preacher Today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment