Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

Don't forget to sing!

I was reminded today of the power of singing. I got to work a little early, so I stopped by the hospital cafe to get a cup of Joe. I also got a nice cup of Michael. Michael is one of the food servers in the cafe and as I filled up my cup with coffee, he filled my soul with singing! He was setting up the service line and just singing like he didn't have a care in the world. He was singing one of my favs too... "Won't Get Fooled Again". If you don't know it, look it up. It is a catchy song off the album Who's Next. It really got my day off on a great start and I was sure to let Michael know it. Of course he wasn't singing for me or anyone else, but he grinned real wide when I thanked him for singing. I hope he never stops!

I typically sing a lot anyway, as it does sooth the soul I feel. Music is powerful! I hope you have some lovely music in your life and soul. If not, go search for it! There is some beautiful music out there. My friend Emily Cavanagh has made a beautiful CD recently and I hope you all buy it when it comes out. It will be available on amazon and itunes in April. Don't worry, I will remind you when it is actually released :0)! So, go out and sing this weekend and the rest of your life.


                               "When it comes to the keyboard of life, play like you mean it."



              Whether it be singing or playing a musical instrument... Play it Loud and Play it Proud


                    "The only thing better than singing is more singing" ~Ella Fitzgerald

                       
             Now Go Out and Hug a Musician/Singer

2 comments: