Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

And The Oscar goes to...

It's Oscar Sunday. As much as I like the Oscars, it got me to thinking about why we don't give Oscars to everyday people. Movie stars get enough accolades I think. So I am going to hand out my own personal Oscars this Sunday.

Best Actress in a leading role goes to....           My Mom                   For the obvious reasons
Best Actor in a leading role goes to...               My Dad                     Ditto

Best Actor in a supporting role goes to...          Danny Donuts           He really pushed my creativity
Best Actress in a supporting role goes to...       Karen Evans              She truly knows how to support

Best Picture goes to...                                   The Story of My Life       It keeps getting better

Animated Feature Film goes to...               Maria's Children               The paintings and kids say it all

Cinematography goes to...                         Sue and Mark Bryer        You should really see their photos

Costume design goes to...                          Joslyn Renshaw             She made me some fun clown stuff

Best Director goes to...                                      Tootsie                    She gives the best advice!

Best Original Score goes to...                         Emily Cavanagh      You NEED to buy her Cd this April




                   Not really an Oscar, but it is the closest thing I have to a "statue" or trophy.

            Now Go Out and Hug Your Own Oscar Winner

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never won an Oscar before! This is great! As Judy Garland said when winning an Oscar as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, "I'd like to thank all the little people..." And to think me, being chosen as best actor in a supporting role! The only other time I've been recognized as a supporter is being a Super SoccerFan. You know what they say, if you can't be an athlete, be a athletic supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Danny. I well deserving award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first Oscar, too! Thanks Rodney!! You can make anything fun.

    ReplyDelete