Followers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

February Friendship 1

My friendly pick this week is Tootsie! Tootsie was my very first clown friend I met on my trip to Russia in 2000. We literally bumped into each other in the airport in NYC and a lifelong friendship ensued. We were dressed as clowns at the time, so I am sure the employees at the airport thought it was part of our schtick :0), but we didn't develop a schtick until later.  I was staying with Tootsie just one year ago as I basked in the sunshine of Florida for 2 months. I true dear friend indeed.

Not only is she a true friend, but she also inspires me to no end! I could go on and on about her accomplishments in this life, but I will try to just give the highlights. Tootsie and her husband have adopted 4 children to give them a loving, happy home. They are all good kids too! She clowns at Children's Hospital in Miami. She developed her own clown reading program and traveled to schools in the Ft. Lauderdale area as a clown to inspire 2nd graders to read more. And now she is going back to school so she can TEACH the youth of South Florida! I wish I had her talent, energy and character! Thanks Tootsie, keep up the great work you do!

           
                                                       "That way to friendship"

               "A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you" ~Elbert Hubbard

              Now Go Out and Hug a Friend Today

No comments:

Post a Comment