Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

February Friendship 2

This weeks friend(s) is actually a couple. Steve Partridge and Michelle Sebern. Michelle is my friend who brought me to work in Alaska this past summer and I can not thank her enough! Steve is her husband who I became friends with while in Alaska. They have a beautiful 5 year old daughter named Clarity. They are perhaps the most creative parents/teachers I know! Steve home schools their daughter while Michelle runs the Special Procedures unit in Fairbanks. Michelle helps with the ongoing teaching of Clarity when she is home. They encourage Clarity to explore, especially when out hiking. They make up all kinds of stories about trolls and other mysterious creatures while out hiking. I have experienced this first hand and it is quite fun to watch the eyes of a 5 year old light up with curiosity and wonder. At home they teach her to count via The Land of Numeria. Have you ever heard of this Land? Me neither, but I hope to visit there someday! They do music, write poems, celebrate winter solstice and many other wonderful things.


This bull moose was taken in their backyard one evening while I was staying in their cabin out back


                                       Steve and Michelle on one of their many adventures.

                          “One's not half of two; two are halves of one.” ~E.E. Cummings

                   Now Go Out and Hug Your Other Half


 

No comments:

Post a Comment