Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

What the world needs NOW..

It is a great song from 1965, and is more true now than ever. The world needs LOVE now! And I would add laughter, dancing, caring clowns and hope.... among other good things. Of course yesterday has shocked us all, just like it does EVERY time something like that happens. We will never forget of course, but we will carry on with our lives and try to make the best of what is left. But when will it stop?!! The short answer is probably never. As long as humans inhabit the earth, horrific tragedies will happen. People from Columbine, Virginia Tech, Beslan and others know this all too well! All of those people are doing their best to move on, but trust me it is NOT easy and it will never be easy. As outsiders looking in, we can never understand completely the depths of their despair. We CAN do our best as good people to show these people love and kindness for the rest of their lives and ours. We CAN help ease some of the pain, as I learned in Beslan. We CAN try to prevent these things from ever happening again, thru gun laws, awareness, education, etc. Even if we never stop the tragedies, we CAN be better people today than we were yesterday. That is what I am going to do.. be better today than I was yesterday. Will you join me?



                                 "A young boy from Beslan, who survived a terrorist attack"

I have traveled to Beslan to meet kids and teachers who survived a horrible terrorist attack on their school. (Beslan Siege 2004). The stories are horrific! 334 people were killed, 186 were children! Yet, from this tragedy does come some sweetness. As clowns we spread a little laughter and fun, and some do face painting. This young man wanted his face to be painted as spiderman. The photographer on our trip asked him why, and I quote from a 12 year old    "Because I want to protect my school and my town".

Below I offer a link to a video about some clowns who have traveled to Beslan. It is heartwrenching AND heartwarming at the same time. It is definitely emotional, so be warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4g6OupUNYU&playnext=1&list=PL31EBBCCB8706860C&feature=results_main

Now Go Out and Hug a Child Today, And a Parent!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Chip! I just wanted to say thanks for the beautiful videos you posted/emailed. There are amazingly kind people in this world and they definitely outweigh the "bad" ones. I'm loving your blog and love reading your comments on ours.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meg! I agree. I wish I could be in Peru with you. Your experience and blog are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Chip... not only for passing the videos on and for your insightful blog, but for the work you do as an amazing international caring clown! If I know you like I think I do, you'd day "It's not work... it's play!" But allowing your heart to be broken wide open takes a lot of courage and work. So yes, here's to the caring clowns of the world who do amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Danny. I send out all my love to all the caring clowns in the world also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the HUG Rodney. I have completely avoided the news but I still feel the sadness. HUGS are the cure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avoiding the news is not a bad idea Meeshell... thanks for checking in and give Clarity an extra big hug for me today.

    ReplyDelete