Followers

Monday, June 24, 2013

Attitude of Peace

I am taking my own advice and kicking off my week with exercising my attitude of the day. Today I am talking myself into having an attitude of peace today. My dad died yesterday and I need to be at peace with it. I feel like I am, but need to keep that attitude as I go thru the process of arrangements, dealing with family stuff and so on. I really do feel at peace and even writing this blog helps. Pray that I can keep that attitude going and stay tuned to see what my attitude will be tomorrow. Can't remember the 5 stages of grief off hand, but I am sure I will go thru some of them or all of them and my attitude may resemble that? Anger, denial, acceptance and so on. Whatever my attitude is and whatever I try to exercise, I do know that my friends have been a tremendous benefit in helping me thru this process. So, if you are my friend then know that I APPRECIATE you!



I imagine being on the moon right now would be very peaceful. Just me and the Sea of Tranquility!

This was the last photo I took in the presence of my dad on June 22, 2013. He died the next day, PEACEFULLY!

                     Now Go Out and Hug a Father Today!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Chip. May your attitude of peace continue through the week and may your dad rest in peace. I learned the stages as DABDA- Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. Each stage is normal and natural so you can be at peace with being wherever you are. I'd love to read the story of your last father's day together when you get around to writing it. Do bloggers take requests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danny. I don't know about other bloggers, but I am always open to ideas to write about. Kind of like improv :0).. I will do a post about my dad's last days... he did like a good story.

    ReplyDelete