Followers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Friendship Thursday 7

This week's friend is Reverend Ed "Hopey" Conklin. I met Hopey in Russia at summer camp in 2003. He was there as a clown and he was in my family. Hopey is an amazing wonderful clown who brings smiles and warmth to everyone he meets and touches. It is interesting to me to think of him as a reverend AND a clown. He volunteered as a preacher at his local hospital up until last year. He also clowned at the same hospital twice a month until last year. Health has forced him to "retire" from his volunteering. The hospital will surely miss him, I do know that. Oh, did I mention Hopey is in his 90s! Yes, he traveled to Russia and did clown trips and summer camps well into his 80s. Volunteered into his 90s. I sure hope I have enough energy to do what he has done if I am around that long. Thanks for the inspiration Hopey!



             Now Go Out and Hug a Friend Today

No comments:

Post a Comment