Followers

Monday, December 1, 2014

Daniel, My Brother





Mark Ogle started S.A.C.C.A. with the help of his wife Naomi and some Rwandans. I had the honor of visiting S.A.C.C.A. in 2006. The BEST Christmas I have ever had, hands down! While there I met a lot of great young children who lived on the streets for various reasons, but were getting help from S.A.C.C.A. The kids there are not my brothers of course, but I consider all the young men I met there as brothers.


One in particular was Daniel, My Brother. Below is a photo of him and I. Loved his smile and attitude! Remember, he lives on the streets in Rwanda, yet has a smile to light up a room.


I got an email recently from my friend Mark with the photo attached. In his email Mark told me that Daniel had emailed him (in perfect English) to let him know he completed his senior year with amazing marks and is hoping to get a government sponsorship for University! Of course, the government would be foolish not to sponsor him!


It amazes me how a young man who grew up on the street could graduate "high school" and learn to speak a second language fluently! Truly incredible and I am truly thankful I got to meet him and others. And I am thankful for people like Mark and Naomi who start programs to help kids like Daniel!








Daniel and I in Rwanda

Now Go Out and Hug a Brother or Sister Today!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment