Followers

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Emanuel, What an Appropriate Christmas Gift



Susan and I were in Costa Rica just before Christmas, as most of you know. And we got a very pleasant early Christmas Gift. It came from a man named Emanuel. How appropriate is that? He had a demeanor and kindness in his eyes that I imagine Jesus might have had.

Emanuel was standing behind us, while we waited for dinner, playing some music softly. He looked at me and asked "Does she like my music". I asked Susan and she asked "Can he play louder?". He replied "No, I really can't", but then proceeded to pull up a chair and sit right next to Susan so she could hear better. Over the next 30 minutes he played beautiful music for us! What a gift!



An even better gift was getting to know him a bit. During his playing of some Bach, Susan asked if he knew any Vivaldi or any Aspergios? I don't even know what make of cars those are personally, but Emanuel knew. He said he used to be able to play Aspergios some before he developed Parkinsons. I hadn't even noticed his tremors til that point. His music certainly was beautiful. He played some Aspergios for Susan and apologized for not being very good. No apology necessary!! We loved his playing!

Susan offered him a tip, thinking he was working... he said "Oh no, I don't play for money. I am just here on vacation and I bought this cheap guitar to play while here, just for fun". We were sure glad he did and that he shared his gift of music with us! It truly was one of the biggest treats we could have ever received at Christmas time.

              Thank You Emanuel!!!

Now Go Out and Hug a Musician Today!!

2 comments:

  1. Great story! I will see my musicians on Sat. My son is a drummer in a band (I go see him everytime I can). My grandaughter has a gift of music. She's learned the guitar, plays a bit of drums (learned from her father who started on guitar and says she plays better than he does). She has learned to play bass so she can play in a band with some school mates. All they needed was a bass so boom - 6 lessons and she's got it down pat! I will definitely hug my musicians when I see them.
    Glad to hear happy things from you.
    Love ya!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Linda! Glad you get to see you musicians this holiday! Big HUG to you from me!!!

    ReplyDelete