Followers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Moms and Dads


Yesterday I wrote about my dad, today I think about my mom. She is in Ohio, I am in Utah. I travel for my job, so I haven't seen either parent a lot over the past 18 years, but I think of them often. I hope they know how much I love them and appreciate what they have done for me. They both have had their share of hard knocks in life, more than I would want to take on... yet they still found a way to love me and nurture me to the best of their ability.




        "Men are what mothers made them" Ralph Waldo Emerson
I guess my mom made me a clown :0)

The point of today's blog is to say that you never know what another person has had to endure in their life or even in the past week. You don't have to be friends to everyone of course, but you can be kind to most people. Everyone has a story.

Now Go Out and Hug Someone Today!
 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, everyone does have a story. Kindness can go such a long way. Even a smile can brighten someone's day. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully people will take me up on the reminders. Have a smiling day Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you rodney when I got a card last week from the parents of the twins I took care of for five months thanking me for the care and "for all of the laughs which were especially needed!" Loving people where they're at and spreading smiles goes a long way in both directions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. I am happy for those twins, and happy the parents took some time out to recognize you and your work! Keep up the good work and keep making people smile and laugh. You are good at that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss you! Love the blog!!! Clarity want to know if your Mama is a clown:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha Ha.. not really, but she looks good with a nose on doesn't she? She will do anything for me, even put a nose on :0).
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete