Followers

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Humps, What Humps?

Happy Hump Day! It is known as hump day because Wedsnesday is the middle day of the traditional work week. When Wedsnesday is over, we are OVER the hump and looking to the weekend. It got me to thinking about other humps in life. We all have and have had humps in our lives. Some are minor, like getting a flat tire. Some are major, like having a major illness such as cancer or even dealing with the death of a loved one. Every single person on earth has had some sort of hump(s) in their life, some more than others of course.

There are some good humps in life. Camels have humps to help them carry water for long journeys. Speed humps slow drivers down so children don't get hurt.
Even grizzlies have humps. Not sure what they are good for, but maybe to store fat for the winter?
Ok, I looked it up. Humps on grizzlies are extra muscles that help them to dig. :0)




Dr. Frederick Frankenstein to Igor "You know, I am a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I can help you with that hump?"
Igor's reply "What hump?"

Point is, not all humps are bad and even some perceived 'bad' humps are not necessarily bad, like Igor's hump. I have had humps in my road that have seemed bad at the time, but with some time and perspective a lot of my humps have actually been good because they have made me reevaluate my life or just turned me into a different direction that I would not have chosen otherwise.

That is not to say that some humps are not horrible or devastating. That is undeniable. Just give your humps some time and see what they mean and know that you are not the only one to have humps in your life!

Now Go Out And Hug Someone Today

No comments:

Post a Comment