Followers

Monday, April 21, 2014

On Your Mark...

I bought running shoes. Stunning revelation I know. Today is the Boston Marathon, one year after the horrific cowardice of two young men. Runners are unique individuals I am learning. I am NOT a "runner", but I CAN run! So, I am going to run with my new shoes as much as I feel like I can and want to. Above is a quote I am placing as a tribute to the runners of today in Boston and all the runners who know what it means.

I don't enjoy running, but there are a lot of things I do in life that I don't necessarily enjoy and they are still good for me. It is a different challenge for me and one I am going to take on as best as I can.


Now Go Out and Hug a Runner Today!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. You know Rodney, I have used almost these exact words as inspiration when I have run sometimes. When I was training for my first half marathon, I thought about this a lot, and tried to feel gratitude simply because I had the ability to run. I may not be fast, I may have to take walk breaks, but I know that I am fortunate to have the physical ability to run and I try not to take that for granted. I applaud your new purchase, and I hope that you stick with it. Who knows... maybe someday we can set a goal of running a half marathon together!!

    ReplyDelete