Followers

Monday, April 27, 2015

Eat, Play, Love. Part 1 EAT

                                                  
Perogie is a traditional meal in Beslan! Yummy!


Russia Always refills my soul! This trip, as most trips are, was full of Eating... Playing... and Loving. I was originally going to title this post Eat, Play, Sleep to make it a bit different than the book title, but it wasn't as appropriate. We didn't do much sleeping on the trip and we did way more loving.

Actually, I am going to break this into 3 posts, so the length doesn't disinterest you. In the Russian culture, food is a sign of friendship. I have MANY friends in Russia. So whereever we go there is always food ready and available. Our running joke to each other is "Is this first lunch or second lunch? First dinner or second dinner?". It is not uncommon for us to be eating a second dinner AT MIDNIGHT!! I am not sure if that is typical Russian or just typical of my friends. It doesn't really matter to me, it is just typical period. And I love it!

Beslan school's cafeteria

Of course every time I come home I have go on a detox diet to lose the 10 pounds I gain there. Ha Ha. It is soooo worth every morsel to share that "friendship"with everyone there I know.

Some of the most amazing people I know! Breakfast time.

And Beslan is the worst! Or BEST depending on how you look at it. Everyday there was massive amounts of delicous Perogie. Perogie is a pizza like food, but different. You have to eat it to believe it! Yummy!

We are extremely active with playing there, so the food is also fuel. Tune in tomorrow to read about my personal playing experiences!

Now Go Out and Hug a Chef Today!!!

2 comments: