Followers

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It's a Magical World

I have been reading a lot of Calvin and Hobbes recently thanks to a friend who sent me some books on C&H. It has to be one of the funniest, if not THE funniest comic every written. So smart and so funny. You can read deeply into it and enjoy it, or just read it on the surface and enjoy it. The whimsical mind of a 6 year old boy and his not so imaginary feline friend. One of the books is called "It's a Magical World". They could not be more correct in my opinion. It IS a magical world indeed. At the end of the book is  the strip where it is a pure white setting of snow. Calvin contemplates it and says he loves the new fresh snow and a world of pure white... the possibilities are endless. "It's a Magical World, Hobbes Ol' Buddy. Let's go explore". Some of that is paraphrasing of course, but the last quotes is exact I believe. Anyway, there are endless possibilities for this life and exploring is the best way to discover those possibilities in my opinion. So I urge you to go out and explore the world as much as your little heart desires!



                              A painting by my cousin Joslyn. It's magical don't you think?

"The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" ~Eden Phillpotts


Now Go Out and Hug Someone! It's Magical!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Katie and I were just this morning talking about ways to enjoy Winter, instead of dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. I hope you get out and play in the snow!

    ReplyDelete