Followers

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Eat, Play, Love Russian Style 2016

Chip and Guillaume play and wave goodbye to Beslan

Here is a tease of Russia. More to come in the coming weeks as I have time to share. There is always so much to share from Russia. Photos, stories, and more. My blog is my personal "journal" for myself, but I hope you enjoy the stories and anecdotes as well.

Bring in the Ossetia Pies
Where to begin? I guess, just like last year, I will begin with Eat! It was another successful trip to Russia, and not just because I gained 5 pounds. Food was shared everywhere we went, which reminded me of all the friends I have in Russia. I can never thank them enough for the way they make me feel welcomed, even though I only see them once a year. I tell myself, I have to go home to detox. That's what makes saying goodbye a little easier. But not really.

We even play on the streets of Vladikavkas
Play you say? Oh yeah, we played! We ALWAYS play in Russia. Especially in Beslan. The kids there are as excitable and playful as any kids I have ever met. I walk thru the school doors and a chorus of "Chip, Chip, Chip!!" fills my soul! Everywhere I turn kids want to play with me. I truly could use a clown... I mean a clone or two of myself. I desperately want to play with ALL of the kids, and I only hope they know how much I appreciate them! Hopefully I have at least made a few of them feel my joy and love for them.

Chip and Agunda. Oh I do love her
Love? Oh yeah, there is love too. Kids in Russia are not shy about hugging! I don't count, but I am quite confident I collect 1000 hugs or more each year I go. And it is still not enough. One of the many reasons I go back every year... to collect more hugs for my soul! A soul can never have too many hugs or too much love in my humble opinion.

Grab a friend or two and go for a walk today. That should make you feel better as well.
So, if you are ever feeling down or overwhelmed with this crazy world we live in, I say go to Russia and hug a child. Or HUG a child, friend, or family member  in your own home, neighborhood, etc. I am sure it will brighten your day and most likely theirs as well! A win win to start your day!!

         Now Go Out and Hug Anyone Who Needs It Today!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ho Chip!!! Thank you very much for this text, that I really enjoyed ready. Can't wait for what's next! It was a delight to spend time with you, play with you and watch you clowning. You are a true master of love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yahou!! I couldn't agree more. I dream of the day I get to clown with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Did one of the children draw that first picture of & you and Guillaume? It's such a nice representation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Did one of the children draw that first picture of & you and Guillaume? It's such a nice representation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen. Actually, Maria painted ME! What an honor that was. She has so very little time on these trips and she took the time to put me on the wall. Another helper of Maria painted Guillaume. We love it!

    ReplyDelete