Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

HOPE-eeeeeeee!



My dear friend Hopey died in Oct. I just found out. He was old fashioned and didn't use email. Letters only please. We exchanged a few over the years since I met him. I met him in 2003 at Maria's Children's summer camp. At the time he was 81. Yes, he volunteered as a clown, traveled to Russia on his own to do this at the age of 81! He inspired/inspires me to no end!

If that isn't enough to inspire you. He volunteered at his local hospital as a clown AND as a reverend. Clown ministry! He did this til he could do it no more. I believe he was 90 when he finally had to give it up.

Below is his obit to give a little more info. I treasured his friendship as much as any other friend I have. I only wish I had more time on earth with him. He was part of my family on a boat trip in Russia and he made our family so much better!

His laughter, his humor, his kindness, his gentleness, his spirit and love for people was contagious! He will be missed so much by so many! Rest In Peace my dear friend! I will look forward to clowning with you again someday!

He gives us all HOPE! Thanks Hopey!

http://www.thepilot.com/obituaries/the-rev-edward-w-conklin/article_755f4db0-8b06-11e5-b873-33c5b12a8825.html

Now Go Out and Hug a Clown or a Reverend!!

6 comments:

  1. seems like a great, inspiring person. Someone who definitely leaves footprints in your life! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the most wonderful people on this planet. I didn't know him but I feel inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am truly blessed to know so many wonderful souls!

      Delete
  3. He was my father-in-law and a kinder, gentler Spirit filled you will never find. Truly a light has passed from this world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Bob! My heart aches for you and your family. But I rejoice for your mother-in-law who is now reunited with Hope-y. Thanks for the comment, Chip

      Delete